The Name of the Wind- book review


Blurb: "I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.
My name is Kvothe. You may have heard of me."

This is quite honestly the best book I have read in a long time. It is a rather hefty 662 pages long, but I finished it in a week along with school and homework, and it was over much too quickly. I'm writing this just after finishing it, with a sudden emptiness in my heart as I find there are no more pages to read, however I then realised that this book was written way back in 2007, and there are in fact two more books in this series at least!
Back to how good the book is, the fast pace lasts from beginning to end, and never is there a dull moment. In the blurb the character Kvothe seems to be incredibly perfect and clichéd, however he proves to be less than perfect, and charmingly so. The book consists of him telling his story to a chronicler, in his backwater inn, and the writer Patrick Rothfuss builds up the characters perfectly in this way. In all ways, this book is the perfect fantasy book, that whisks you away to a completely new place and holds you there enthralled.

Marks out of 10?: I can detect no flaws in this book. To me it is perfect. Therefore I will give it a rather grand 10!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!