On fashion magazines

After growing out of Girl Talk and Bliss, I found myself at a loss as to what magazine to buy. There's a tangible gap between pre-teen girl magazines and high-class women's magazines, and until recently I was stuck in that gap.

I discovered the magazine 'Company' when I was around 15, and loved it. It was aimed at young adults, but it wasn't too high fashion. It had high-street clothes in the photoshoots instead of ridiculously expensive designer. It was great, except that they stopped printing them in 2014...


Company did, however, bridge the gap between teen and women's magazines. This then led me to deciding my favourite.
My top three are as follows:

3. Vogue.
 Kinda obviously. Vogue is one of the best selling magazines in the world, and it's cover stars are notorious for being mega famous. If someone is on the cover of Vogue they have made it in life. Vogue offers the most influential style forecasting and highlights what's big in the world. It's not my favourite because I have basically no money, and high fashion is not known for being affordable. A girl can still look...

2. Teen Vogue.
Ok, I know I said I've grown out of teen magazines, but Teen Vogue is good. Each issue has a theme, like women, and it provides an up to date view of the world in terms of fashion and young celebrities who are making waves in a world of fame. Only downside is that it's American, so all the adverts and photoshoots have products and clothes you mostly cant buy in England.

1. Elle.
Elle is similar to Vogue, but a bit more attainable. Also the articles are really interesting, and the general fashion content is insightful and definitely much more my sort of thing. Also it's generally really thick, so there is loads of content. Like, loads...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!