Lamp upcycle

I have a little tub chair in my bedroom for reading, but it's in such a dark corner that I couldn't really see properly, so I asked my grandparents for a floor lamp for my birthday. I looked around in shops for ages trying to find something I liked for less that £100 (I have really expensive taste...) and in the end I decided to just find a stand, and a lampshade separately. To my luck, my grandparents had a really old lamp stand that they were going to get rid of, so I claimed it. It was a yellowy varnished wood, which I didn't really like, so I sanded the varnish off, then bought some grey and white spray paint. I painted it grey first, then white and roughed it up with sand paper so the grey shows through in some places. I also found a really pretty kinda oriental themed lampshade that matched my room. So in total that probably cost less than £10. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!