Book club- The Famous Five, Five go to demon's rock

I love reading so much, so I thought that I would start a regular (hopefully) book feature where I talk about the book I'm reading currently, and hopefully inspire you to read it as well.
 
At the moment I'm having a little break from reading grown-up books because I love re-reading books that I've grown up with, and it's nice to have a breather.


I'm reading one of the Famous Five books, which I've always loved. I've read so many Enid Blyton books since I was little, and the Famous Five are some of the best. There is something so beautifully vintage and British about them, with lashings of ginger beer and jolly good adventures.

The story goes that The Five go to stay at George's house with their aunt and uncle. The trouble is, George's scientist father has invited his scientist friend to stay and do some very important work, and they cant be disturbed. The scientist friend's son Tinker luckily owns a lighthouse that they can go stay in, on Demon Rocks. The Five go gallivanting off on an adventure involving shipwrecks and smugglers.
I would recommend it for a bit of light, fun reading.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!