One heck of a busy day

Wow. So on Thursday I went to London for the day, mainly to go to an open day at West London College for a fashion foundation course.
The first thing that happened was that me and my mum missed our train... We were worried until we found out that my mum had accidently booked an off-peak return, so we could basically get any train.
 We then got as far as Colchester when the train stopped and loads of people started getting off. I was completely oblivious to this until a man came up and said that everyone had to evacuate the train. It took a few minutes of bewildered wandering to find out what had happened. Sadly someone had jumped in front of a train a few stations ahead, and the trains had to stop so that the emergency services could deal with it. After about an hour of waiting we could finally get on a train, and in an hour we were at London Liverpool St. station. We got some lunch from boots, then got the tube to Covent Garden to kill some time before we had to be at the college.
 The first shop I went in was Zara, and I've been looking for a really warm coat because I'm going to New York in February with school, so I was really happy to find some really lovely, really warm coats. Whilst I was looking at a yellow puffer, two very fashionable ladies came up to me, and asked me if I've been signed to a model agency yet, to which I answered no of course. They then said that they liked my look, and said they'd like to scout me!!! I took a business card an emailed them yesterday and they want me to either go in to see them, or send pictures!
 We had to hurry off after that to go to the college. We go a very warm welcome, although they spelled my name very weirdly... We had a look around, and I loved it. I had brought some of my textiles school work for them to have a look at, and they accepted me there and then! I'll be living with my Auntie and Uncle and two little cousins because they live in London. It's such a relief to know what's happening in the future, even if it's just for the year. I also had a great chat with a textiles teacher who was darning socks. She taught me how to do it too, and it's so relaxing!
 We then went back to Covent Garden because we hadn't had much time before, and wandered around the shops and the market for a while. It was so beautiful and Christmassy!
We finally headed back to Liverpool Street, and got a Wasabi curry before getting the train back to Norwich. I was exhausted! But overall, pretty good day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!