Revision tips

I'm no expert on revision, but I do have to do a lot of it with AS exams coming up in about two weeks (Where did all the time go???). I thought I would share my revision tips because I know that many people, like myself, find it pretty hard.
  • Make it look nice. This may sound stupid, but I find that if my revision notes are a mess, I don't feel like looking at them. Neat revision notes with important points highlighted are just so much easier to concentrate on!
  • Set aside a certain amount of time to do it, when you don't have to do homework. The recommended amount is around 40 minutes, as that is generally how long someone can concentrate, but I know that it's probably more like 5 when I'm tired....
  • Get all your notes in one place, like revision cards or in a notebook. It's so much easier to find what you need!
  • Bring snacks! I know I concentrate so much better when I'm not hungry, and I'm definitely a grazer so snacks are great!
  • Drink lots of water!! But not so much that you have to pee constantly.
  • Throw all technology out of the window.... or just put it out of reach. I have spent way too long procrastinating when I'm meant to be being productive. Like now..... Woah. I'm procrastinating revision by writing about revising....
  • Finally, go to bed at a reasonable time. I was so tired yesterday that I could hardly concentrate, and at one point descended into hysterical laughter. I think it was also the cause of the killer migraine I got after school, resulting in my not being able to do any revision because I was lying in the dark..
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!