The Deep

I randomly started writing a story the other day because I had the concept in my head and I wanted to get it down before I forgot it. I love coming up with stories (probably because I read so much), but I rarely get them down. I also never finish them, so I'm hoping this one will get finished. Anyway, I decided to put the start of it on here because I quite like where it's going, and I might keep posting it as I write more (hopefully). I decided to name it 'The Deep'. Deep huh?


I was tumbling. Hair snaking round my face in tendrils. Lungs screaming. Eyes burning. Trapped in a silent darkness. I could see nothing, hear nothing. The only thing I could feel was the cold, and at the same time the burn. Then, nothing.

I can barely remember the events that came before this. I remember being high up. Salty air. Strong, cold wind.... Then falling, buoyed by the wind, but still plummeting downwards, or was it up? Before that I remember waking, but still dreaming. Walking from... I can't remember... In a daze, barefooted on a rough, rarely used road. I didn’t feel the gravel cutting into my feet. I didn’t feel anything but a desperate longing until I fell, maybe I woke up...but then, maybe I didn’t. Am I asleep now? I don’t know. I should know. I should feel scared that I don’t know, but I just feel calm. Relaxed. Sleepy. Maybe I should go to sleep now... Is that a light?... But I feel so tired... what is that?....no, nothing. I'm dreaming. So I am asleep... But what is that light...I...I am...

AWAKE! I knew I was awake, but I didn’t feel right. I couldn’t see anything for a start. That was worrying, but maybe it was just dark. Something else that didn’t feel right was that I felt incredibly light, how I imagine a spaceman would feel on the moon. Kind of floaty. I blinked, and it was like a fog had begun to clear. It was still dark, but I could make out thin, elongated shapes which seemed to sway, as if in a breeze, but I couldn’t feel a breeze.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!