Where i've been, and where I want to go

My family aren't much into travel, so I haven't been abroad very much, but I have dreams... sigh

I tend to go camping in Somerset every summer, literally EVERY summer, since I was about 4. Camping is great, but England isn't the most exciting place ever.

Alien café Gruyere (not taken by me) 
I've been to Switzerland twice, because my auntie used to live there (you name it, she's lived there), once in the spring, and once at Christmas. In the spring it was actually really warm, and we went and sat down by lake Geneva a couple of times, looking over at France. We also went to a village called Gruyere (which the cheese is named after). It's kind of up a mountain a bit, and there is a beautiful castle. There's also a weird little café called the alien café that has all kinds of weird alieney bones everywhere. Their speciality is massive cappuccinos with meringues. I was given the choice between going to a cheese factory or a chocolate factory. Needless to say I chose the chocolate factory...

The second time I went to Switzerland was at Christmas, and my auntie's boss wasn't using his chalet, so we spent Christmas up a snowy mountain in a log cabin, with a wood fire! I've never felt more Christmassy in my life!

I've also been to France with school once, but that's hardly worth mentioning because it was only for a day. We went to Boulogne sur mer, and visited an aquarium, where I lost my friends, and was wandering round for about 5 minutes before I found them...

Now, where I want to go:

  • JAPAN!: I love Japanese food, as well as Japanese fashion, and anime. Therefore, it seems only natural to want to go there! I cant speak any Japanese, apart from the odd word, but quite a few Japanese people speak English so I could get by. I would love to go with friends, as it would be TERRIFYING alone.
  • Italy!: Only the most beautiful country ever. And full of history. I love history. unfortunately, like Japanese, I only know a few words of Italian. Also, great food!

(None of these pictures were taken by me)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest

https://uk.pinterest.com/leahgibby/

Meet The Author

My name is Leah Gibby and I live in England. I'm 18 years old, I love reading and sewing, and I hope you like my blog
Read the Printed Word!